Friday, September 28, 2012

We Started Fall Early!

Good morning!  :-)  How are ya?

Well, earlier this month (like, the first of this month), I made an executive decision: Fall?  Was starting.

Never mind the fact that it was (and still is) over 100 degrees.  Never mind my husband's crazy looks he sent my way when I told him that I was hoppin' on over to HomeGoods to see what I could find for the season.  Never mind, never mind, never mind...  ;-)

Here's the funny thing.  My husband has actually gushed to me several times over the past weeks about how happy he is that we started the season on the early side in our home, because he's been able to enjoy it that much more!  Fall is a state of mind, people!  And while my air conditioning is still on full blast even in the middle of the night, I'm making pumpkin treats and Fall wreaths.  Here's what we've been up to this month!



This is just a simple Fall table centerpiece that I came up with when I wanted to fancy-up a dinner that Grey and I were going to be enjoying together.  A couple of bouquets of flowers from Trader Joe's, two leaf-y garlands from the Dollar Store, and a few jars/glasses later, our table was colorfully adorned and super happy to look at.  ;-)


I can't forget these Fall leaf doilies that Grey and I found in an antique shop last year on our honeymoon, and, of course, a Pumpkin Spice Latte!


I saw this pretty vase filler at HomeGoods and brought it home to be stored in this apothecary jar.  This was sitting on our dining room table until I put the flowers there...now it's housed in a cluster of vases and candle sticks on our entertainment center (so that my hubby can enjoy the TV, and I can enjoy the jar).  ;-)


Okay -- this wreath is proof that the Dollar Store is great for easy projects.  It's small, but I didn't want our door inundated with Fall quite yet (we'll give it another week or so), so this petite lil' thing was the perfect fix.  All you need is a small grapevine wreath, and three bunches of whatever sort of flowers or leaves you desire.  No glue gun necessary, my friends.  Simply cut off the parts of the branches that you would like, and weave them into the wreath.  Easy, and it only takes about twenty minutes!


Gouda and Granny Smith Apple Paninis -- one word: Yum.  You'll need sourdough bread, a dash of balsamic vinegar, a smooth coating of Trader Joe's Apple Butter, one layer of sliced Granny Smith apple, and one layer of sliced Gouda.  Assemble, press, and enjoy!


I can't forget about my find of the day -- an incredibly creepy pilgrim doll.  Seriously, how frightening is this?


And finally, this amazing Pumpkin Coffee Cake was delicious and kept us fed at breakfast-time for days.

So there you have it.  That's what we've been up to for the month of September.  The weather is finally starting to give us a tiny break from the heat, and I can just feel that Fall is in the air!

What have you been up to so far this season?  Any crafting, recipes, decorating ideas you would like to share?

xo
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment