Monday, October 8, 2012

Healthy Pumpkin 'Pancake'

Goooood morning!  :-)

How was everyone's weekend?  Mine was definitely a lot more stressful than I would have liked it to be, but my husband was as sweet as ever and tried really hard to coax me into relaxation mode these past few days.  He's the best.  ;-)

I love breakfast.  Like, love.  But while my husband can eat cereal in the morning and then be good to go until lunch, that's just not me.  I need something that sticks with me until later in the afternoon -- especially with my school schedule and client work that I do.  I really don't have a ton of time for snacking, and my lunch is usually some veggies thrown together in a big bowl with a splash of balsamic vinegar.  So a filling breakfast is a must-have.

If you're someone who likes super-luscious breakfasts, this probably isn't for you.  I would categorize this as 'diet food' without sacrificing the yummy taste.  You definitely can dress this up to taste even better (with syrup, jam, you name it); but for me, I love it plain!

Healthy Pumpkin 'Pancake'
Adapted from: Dukan Diet

Ingredients
-3 egg yolks
-2 tablespoons oat bran
-1 tablespoon brown sugar
-1 splash vanilla extract
-1 dash pumpkin pie spice
-1 tablespoon pumpkin puree


Mix it all up...


Pour onto a Silpat and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.


Serve with sliced pear (or fruit of your choice) and a glass of nonfat milk.

I'm telling you -- it's yummy.  Just try it!  ;-)  I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

What's your favorite healthy breakfast?

xo,
maria

2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog! The healthy pumpkin pancake looks so yummy! I just had a slice of pumpkin bread for breakfast. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julia! :-) I LOVE pumpkin bread!

      Delete